Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Amazing News


Some pretty amazing things transpired in the last week and the result is
that I will be traveling to Korea next week to meet the son that I have carried in my
heart for eleven very long months. It is so hard to even think about walking into our agency and
seeing my sweet boy there without getting tears in my eyes. I have prayed for this moment over and over and over again every single day since I first learned that he was my son. Now, eleven long months later
I will be on the same side of the world, in the same city, and in the very same room.
I think I need to pinch myself - after so long I think I must be dreaming.

I will be leaving this Sunday in the late morning after we do a little egg hunt and baskets with Zoey.
I will leave from JFK at 2:00pm and arrive the following day at 5:00pm Korea time. This will surely be my
longest flight ever - 14 hours - but at this point I would swim the Atlantic Ocean for a
chance to meet my baby.

I will be in Korea until Saturday the 14th. My plane leaves at 10:00 in the morning and I will land at 11:00am. Yes, I get to repeat the day!!! 

I will meet James for the first time on Tuesday afternoon - exactly one week from today.
I can't even put into words how I have dreamed about this day.

I can't wait to spend time with my little boy.... To get to know his likes and dislikes and
see his personality.... to get to hug him and hold him. I can hardly wait.

I can't wait to take it all in. I want it all to be etched into my memory so that 
as James grows up I can tell him all about his birth country.  

The only part I am not looking forward to is saying goodbye... to leaving Korea...
and to then being a half a world away all over again.

He won't be able to return to the states with me because he still needs that magical EP
but we know that it can't be much longer after we return. We are very optimistic that he will be home
sometime in May. Keep those prayers coming :)

So back to packing, planning, and preparing Zoey for spending the night (well 6)
away from me for the very first time. I explained it to her  today and she wanted to help me pack. :)
We made a calendar to count down the days until I leave and then again until I get back.
I will be leaving a new gift for her for each day I am gone and I think
that she is going to do just fine.

5 days!!!!


1 comments:

CJ said...

So amazing......enjoy every minute of this part of the journey. Praying you have a wonderful time in Seoul and meeting your sweet boy for the first time. GOD BLESS!

Post a Comment