Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Happy to report that I am packed and ready to go.

Pretty amazing since I literally had 5 days to prepare.....to get plane tickets, a hotel, airport transportation,
find a travel buddy, buy gifts, pack, figure out adapters for power supply, and get some idea of what we were going to do while in Seoul. For those planning on traveling soon start getting everything you can possibly get done ahead of time finished ahead of time - like now. :) It has been a crazy whirlwind of a week!!! But I did it - I planned the trip and am as ready as I can be - well with the exception of a few last minute things I have to get at the mall before I go.

After several failed attempts at traveling to visit James with other adoptive moms from NJ, my childhood friend who is more like family said that she would fly half way around the world with me to meet my sweet boy. How amazing is that!!!! She only had 4 days to prepare!!! She was the first person other then the grandparents to meet Zoey in the NICU and now she will be with me when I meet James for the very first time. Blessed to have her on this adventure with me - she even remembered to pack the purse tissues.



Tomororw at 8:45 AM we will leave in the only car service we could find with availability.

They will be picking us up in this - A Toyota Prius!!!! Pray the luggage all fits!!!




We will be leaving on Korean Air at 2:00pm....in the air for 14+ hours...

and will arrive in Seoul, Korea at about 5:00PM.



and then on Tuesday at 2:00pm (1:00am in NJ) I will meet the little boy that I have watched grow in pictures for the last 11 months. I will finally be able to hold the child that I have carried in my heart for so long. I will meet the little boy that so many have prayed for so many times. I cry just thinking about the very moment that I have dreamed of for so long. This trip will be the most life changing trip I will ever take.

I can't wait for the plane to touch down and to know that I am in the same city as my son. That we are know longer a half a world away. That for one week we really are sleeping under the very same sky.

This journey has been so hard. It has had so many blocks and delays. Some days we would hear bad news and the pain would be so great I would think that I would never meet my son.  It was supposed to be predictable and turned out to be anything but. It was nothing like what we set out for. Today, the 11 months seems so long ago, and only 3 days seperates me from my son. Today, I am crying tears of happiness instead of the bitter sad tears of  finding out the wait was going to be longer. Today, I am rejoicing knowing that it really is in Gods time and not in ours because it is a miracle that this trip is happening. I was meant to be in Korea this week meeting my sweet baby James.







0 comments:

Post a Comment