Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

2 weeks home

 Sweet Baby James,

It's hard to believe that 2 weeks have past since you have come home. When we were waiting for you two days often seemed like an eternity and now time passes so quickly. It has been an incredible two weeks and I can't believe how much things have changed.

When you first arrived home it was hard to see you in such pain and experiencing such grief. You cried for your Omma and I wished that I could make her appear to comfort your hurting heart. Your cried so hard and I could see the hurt in your eyes and I wondered if you would ever let me comfort you - would you ever let me be your Mama.

Day by day you trusted me more. You began to seek me out and wanted me to hold you, hug you, tickle you, and cuddle. The grieving became less and less until it no longer was noticable. You stopped crying at bedtime and instead held my hand as you drifted off to sleep.

Just a few days ago you found a picture of you and your Omma. I worried that it would upset you,  but instead you sat in my lap and ran your finger over her picture and gave me your biggest smile. For such a small little boy who had been through so much it was like you were telling me you understood. You knew that Omma loved you very much but that your new Mama loved you very much too.

I love to see your big smile in the morning (even if its 5:45). I love your hugs... the way you place your cheek on mine and make the sweetest sounds. Your laughter is like music and I love to watch you dance. I love to watch you try new things and then clap with excitement. I love to watch the excitement on your face when you see big sisters bus coming down the street in the afternoon.
I love how you love to go.... how you bring me your shoes and then stand by the front door.... and your newest thing if it still isn't time to leave the house - you bring me my keys. You love the car and love to be out and about.

There is no doubt that we were meant to be a family. 
There is no doubt that we are blessed to be the parents of you, our precious son. 

So many firsts....


First time at the park.


Making his first Build A Bear.
Mong Mong (Dog)


First Fingerpainting

First Toddler Play at the Rec Center with cousin Ari.

First time driving the car....

....without a liscence. Sorry buddy, no keys till your 17.

First time eating out at the Chinese Buffet (before)


(after) Yikes!!!!

First Beach Day!!!
He loved it!!!!
First beach treasure.
First splash in the ocean.
Love that smile!!!!
Mommy and James!!!
Really, how cute is he?!?!

Looking forward to many more firsts!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment