Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

5 weeks home and 21 months

It is pretty hard to find the time to blog lately but that doesn't mean
nothing is going on with the Wong's.

Our hands are full with these two..... but better full then empty :)


We are still working on the whole new normal thing... Some days we rock it ...
but others we fall a little short.

Big sister was doing great for several weeks....but the more attached to me James gets
the less he wants to see Zoey with me and I think this began to take its toll on her.

All of a sudden she was a baby too. Asking for booster seats and bibs at the table,
talking like a baby, and one night she woke up to go to the bathroom and cried for two hours
because.... she was a baby.


It is hard finding the balance especially now that school is out.

James wants me close to him all the time which is understandable. If I were him,
and I had to say goodbye to the only family I knew and join a new family with no understanding of
what was happening I would want to keep my new Omma close too.

But Zoey also is used to being my little girl. She misses that. She misses the one on one attention,
mall trips, me actually going swimming with her at the beach and not watching from the sand as I hold her brother... It is an adjustment for her too... and I have to remind myself that its only been 5 weeks.

And each day that goes by we are seeing more of this...


and this (holding hands) ....


and even riding rides together.


And while it feels like this little guy has been with us forever


I have to remind myself that it has only been 5 weeks...just 35 days.

And we are all settling into new routines, adjusting, and finding a whole new rhythm.

And even though we don't do it all perfect everyday - one area we have really been rocking is FUN!!!

FUN at Fantasy Island!!!!

FUN with big green alligators.

FUN playing games.

FUN winning prizes.

FUN at the beach....

...playing in the sand...


..splashing in the puddles...


...catching a wave...


and playing with friends.

FUN in Smithville.


FUN at the Popcorn Park Zoo.




Fun at Chuck E Cheese.


and FUN at home.

We are definitely rocking in the FUN!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment