Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Love this little boy

There is this boy...

he has my heart..... he calls me Omma.

When James first came home he grieved.... hard. He just wanted his Omma - his foster mother who took care of him for over a year. He wouldn't let me comfort him - he just called out for her sobbing and crying and at times he would be so worked up he would be gasping for air. It broke my heart to see him hurting and know that the one thing he wanted I could not give him.

I wondered how long it would take before he let me comfort him... before he began to trust me....before he would know that I was going to be his mother forever...and ever.

The first 10 days I wondered if our family would ever find a new normal. James' grieving upset Zoey, then she would cry,  and there was nothing that we could do to make things better. We were like short order cooks - only everything we made for our sweet boy wasn't eaten and instead thrown on the floor. He screamed through diaper changes, getting dressed, baths, and when it was time to go to sleep - and who could blame him - he just lost everything he had ever known..I certainly would scream too. On top of it all, Anthony and I had the most awful stomach bug ever, James had the croup, I got a sinus infection, and Zoey had to be rushed to the ER one night for stitches. I asked myself several times how I would possibly survive the week.

Fast forward - What a difference another week makes!!!

James now calls me Omma. All on his own he started calling me Omma with his hands extended to pick him up. Then he saw my face after nap, smiled big, and said Omma. The little boy who really made me wonder how long it would be before he liked me enough to be his mommy called me Omma . Pretty exciting since the Omma before me rated pretty high in his world. I am honored to be your Omma sweet son - forever and ever.

My sweet little boy gives the best hugs. He burries his cheek right into mine and makes the sweetest sounds. He hugs with everything he got and makes it good. This Omma could hug him a million times a day. 

He also has the sweetest laugh - its contagious. His face lights up and he gets the biggest smile ever. He is super tickly on his belly and I could tickle him all day just to hear that sweet laughter. 

Now that he is comfortable everything that made him cry and scream he does happily ( except wash his hair - thats still a work in progress) He loves taking baths and splashing around and that was the biggest hurdle.
Last night he cried that he didnt want to get out of the bath and today he wanted a bath in the early afternoon. (Omma let him of course - you can't be too clean)


He is super awesome at getting his diaper changed now. When he does # 2 he will sometimes bring me a diaper to let me know he went. He loves when I hold my nose and say "Stinky" and he will mimic me and do it as well. This usually provokes that sweet laugh I mentioed earlier. Not much can make a diaper change fun - but that laugh sure makes it a whole lot more tolerable :)

He likes to do what his big sister is doing and most of the time she doesn't mind. The other day he sat on her head and would not get off.... he was playing... she was upset. I went to move him and she shouted out - spank him mommy!!! Being that we never spank here at the Wongs I am not sure where she got that but it was pretty funny - we just didnt tell her that. She has no problem sharing almost everything with him - she draws the line at her favorite doll (Little Mulan). He hates for anyone to sit on his favorite ride on firetruck. So, if she goes for his truck I tell her to give him little Mulan and she gets off it quick- problem solved!

He loves Yo Gabba Gabba. Zoey loves to watch it again too - she says she used to watch it when she was a baby but now she is a kid  - but she will watch it for her brother since he is a baby. She will even watch it for him when he is napping. Silly girl!!!



When James first came home I tried his carrier to comfort him and it made him super mad. I put it away and forgot about it. Then he found it and his face lit up. He loves it now!!! I love it now!!!! He loves the stroller but it does not calm him down when we are out and he gets sleepy. Today he took a nap in it while I was shopping at Kohls.

I just couldnt imagine life without him.
 There is no doubt that the four of us were meant to be a family.

Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone....


but still miraculously my own...



Never forget for even a minute ...


You didn't grow under my heart ..... but in it.


 



0 comments:

Post a Comment