Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Celebrations, Ramblings and Other Stuff


My baby girl is a graduate....preschool class of 2012.


It is hard to believe that the little girl who cried every single day at drop off of her first year of preschool is  now headed off to Kindergarten next year. She has grown so much this past year that I wish that I could stop the clock and have my little girl stay little forever.

Sweet Princess - we are so PROUD of you.


When I was her age I dreamed of being a flag waver for construction. I had big dreams of waving the cars past with a big orange flap of material stuck to a stick - making my mark on the world. My baby girl has BIG dreams too.....


.....she wants to be a camper.
I am not quite sure when she decided that this would be her career path because, well, she has never been camping. She does have  a play tent and a sleeping bag - Anyone know what the projected salary for a camper is in the year 2030 ?!?  I have a feeling she might change her mind so I wont cut back on the college savings plan just yet ;)



James has been home for just about 4 weeks - 3 weeks and 5 days to be exact.

His receptive language is really increasing.

He understands when we say "time to eat" and heads to his high chair. Pretty amazing being the first days home he would not sit in the high chair at all.  He loves it now.

When I tell him "Bath Time" he heads up the stairs to the bathroom.

If I hand him something and say "put it in the garbage" he does - and then looks at everyone with a Huge grin and claps. My little guy gets so excited over his accomplishments.

If we tell him Gertie ( the guinea pig) wants Kka Kka he goes to the fridge to get a carrot, gives it to her, and again claps with his ear to ear grin.

He had his first Mommy and Me class and loved it. He smiled from ear to ear watching all the other kids. He kept leaving me to stand in the center of the circle to take it all in - the trampoline and the parachute were surely his favorites - just like big sister when she took the class.

He loves anything with wheels but his favorite is Thomas and his new train table.

He has bene to the doctors 4 times already - having a rough time getting used to all these new germs.
Hoping he stays healthy for awhile now.

He had his first haircut since coming home. He did not like it at all. He sat in mommy's lap cried through most of it. Poor kid  - we survived it though.

Before.

After.

With a little baby tamer spray mommy got it looking adorable but didnt get a picture.

James went on his first trip to NY to see his grandparents, aunts, and uncles.
Here he is hamming it up at dinner.

Playing with Aunt Helen.

Resting in the park with mommy....

....while big sister and DaDa play in the trees.

These two had so much fun - but as hard as I tried this was the only picture I
got in their matching outfits.

He loves the beach.

And just really is adjusting well. For all that he has lost and all that has changed for him he really is doing wonderully. He loves to cuddle with me and put his cheek against mine. He loves to give hugs to me and sometimes sister too. When I lay with him to go to sleep he never cries and falls asleep easily - usually holding my hand or sometimes twirling my hair.

He is a little jealous of  his big sister and doesn't like her to get to close to his Omma.
If she is sitting near me he makes sure to climb into my lap and let it be known that I am his Omma.
He wants everything she has - even if he has the same. Slowly he is learning though - little steps.

In so many ways it seems like he has been with us forever.


I can't believe it hasn't even been four weeks.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment