Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Waiting on a Miracle




I wish that I was here to post some awesome news like James will definitely be home with us this year. That this year the holidays will be so special because our son will finally be home. That he will be sitting in the waggon with his sister as we stroll the neighborhood for treats on Halloween....That when we all gather for Thanksgiving he will be sitting in my lap, and I will hug him a little closer, as I give thanks to God for all my blessings. Oh, and Christmas..... how I dreamed of hearing the pitter patter of two sets of feet dancing around in the marvel of Christmas wonder.

When we started the process in the fall of 2010 in my mind I imagined that the next time the holidays came around we would be a family of four. Many times when we had agency hold ups and delays in the process I would get lost in thought and imagine having my baby home by the holidays in 2012.

Now we need a miracle for that to happen.

On the first Friday of every month the agency sends out an update. Today was that day.

Unfortunately it was very vague. It stated that they would update on the EP status next week.

I am afraid that it will be the dreaded update that no more babies will be coming home this year..... and I don't know if I could handle that. I have no choice if it is but I am not ready to give up my hope.

Hope in a miracle is all I have right now. As long as I don't lose faith I feel like I am still swimming strong in the process because without faith I swear this process would swallow me whole.

The last 60 days waiting for James have been so hard. I can't imagine waiting another 7-9 months.

Not knowing when he is coming home is hard.

But having to accept that it won't be this year will be torture.

So for now we will continue to pray and have faith that our Sweet Baby James will be coming home forever very soon.

We will continue to be thankful for all of the positive things that this adoption has brought us.

The support of our family and friends..... and the continuous prayers for our baby.

The friends that we have met throughout the adoption process. Some good friends that I would have never met had it not been for the board.

And the biggest gift - Our Son!!!

No matter if he comes home this year or next we have been so so blessed. He might be half way around the world but he is always in my heart ♥

We will continue to keep the days busy to help pass the time.

Summer makes it a little easier as we visit boardwalks......

......ride the amusement rides


..... bbq's


..... playdates



.... sandcastles




...... swimming lessons





.... and have lots of beach days.









And one thing is certain .....


Next summer this Big Sister will have lots of fun splashing at the beach with her Little Brother.






0 comments:

Post a Comment