Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Waiting...and Waiting...and Waiting

The Waiting....& Waiting ....& Waiting

Exactly one month ago today, on May 4th 2011, we were matched with our sweet baby James. Let me just tell you that these last 30 days have been the L.O.N.G.E.S.T. It feels like James has been with our family for an eternity and we are waiting for him to come home.


This MaMa bird has a tough time being away from her chicks. I still have never left Zoey alone overnight. Zoey still comes back to my nest (aka - the Serta PillowTop) late at night and crawls in between Anthony and I. We always laugh at the pitter patter of her feet and the loud slam of the door as she makes the 15 step journey.


I never imagined the waiting would be this hard. Sometimes time feels like it is standing still.


And the reality of us teetering on the edge of the EP situation is frightening.


(Korea only gives so many Emigration Permits for babies each year. Once they run out the babies have to wait until the next year. Last year they ran out with June referrals and they expect to run out earlier this year. All 3 other agencies have already made an announcement that the babies will come home in 2012)


We are praying that James makes it home this year - and ask everyone to please pray that both James and Nathaniel ( the son of a friend that I have met during the process) both make it home to their forever families in 2011 and that the EP situation does not prevent them from coming home till 2012.


While we have been waiting I have been preparing for James. His room is coming along and his furniture will be delivered today.


I have also been shopping. Holt was asking that families only send photos for the past few months. So, I prepared a book and some extra photos but just couldn't stop. I BROKE the rule.

Zoey made James his first build a bear ... so I had to send it.

And a toy ....we needed to send a toy.

Oh, and how could I resist teh cute polo rompers that he will be too big for when he comes home.

And since I was already breaking the rules why not add the little brother onsie and blanket.

How could I say no to Zoey for wanting to send the bunny she painted at school?

I took my package and mailed it off. I felt a little guilty for breaking the rule but something in me just couldn't send just the photobook. I kept it quiet so none of the other fellow AP parents would know that I was a big CHEATER.

But now, my conscience is clearer. Holt changed the policy just days after my package left the US bound for Japan to be transported to South Korea. ( thats the route the mail lady said they go - lol) So, maybe by the time my package arrived the policy had bene changed.


To celebrate - this MaMa - with the help of her MaMa shopped and shopped and packed that priority box full.

We squoze outfits, jammies, snacks, and toys...... cameras, weebles, treats for foster mom, and so much more. We reinforced it with packaging tape and it will be Seoul bound in a bit.

A care package is coming sweet baby James!!!!!

So, 30 days of waiting down. 30 L.O.N.G. days.

Looking forward to James coming home ........ can't be soon enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment