Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Ups & Downs


First I want to start by saying UGH!

When you begin the process of adoption the very FIRST thing your agency should tell you is GO GET AN AWESOME HIGH END PRINTER THAT WILL CAUSE YOU VERY LITTLE STRESS.

They should follow it up with make sure you buy LOTS and LOTS and Lots of paper and ink cartridges. Not 1 or 2 extras ..... we are talking 7 or 8 ...... MINIMUM.

If a huge thunderstorm wasn't brewing outside I would carry this piece of garbage printer who has let me down AGAIN right out to the garbage.

Yes, I am that angry at my printer.
I used to have a wonderful, high quality, 3 in 1 loyal Lexmark that never let me down - EVER. I upgraded my computer last year and my good ol Lexmark was no longer compatible. For $89 I became the proud owner of a new printer that was compatible with my computer but not so compatible with me.

Every.Single.Time. I have something important to do it fails me. Every.Single.Time.

Adoption requires lots and lots of paperwork. I swear - we are talking like several trees worth....and every single time it fails me.

James' legals came today and I needed several copies. I made sure we had ink and paper well ahead of time. I waited until I put Zoey to bed and thought to myself this wont take long. Right!!!! The freaking thing got me half way through the job and proceeded to torment me.

I just spent two hours fighting with a printer.

I really thought I could win. I even tried to take it apart with a screw driver. I begged, pleaded, and prayed. And the outcome, tomorrow I am going to Staples and this stinking printer is going in the garbage :)

On a positive note, we are blessed to have so many people supporting us on this incredible journey.

Immiadiatley I was able to vent to a fellow adoptive parent who is also adopting a little boy from Korea and has been such a big part of our journey. It is so nice to have someone out there that understands just how devestating being held up ( even if it is just a few hours by a stinking printer this time) in this process. It is so nice to have that support from someone going through the same experiences at the very same time. Please continue to pray for Nicki and her son Nate so that the hold up they are having is resolved quickly.

My family and friends have also been so supportive. It means so much to me to see how much all of you care about and love James already. I am thankful to each and every person for supporting us on this journey and for praying along with us that the rest of the process continues to go smoothly.

At the end of the day I am blessed - even if my printer lets me down Every.Single.Time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment