Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Home

James is HOME!!!



Not sure how long this will be because I have just as long as my baby boy naps and we still really just do not know.  :) Once we are all settled in more I am sure I will have time to really dedicate to the beautiful airport homecoming of my sweet son -  with pictures and feelings and all that good stuff.

So, for now this will be just an all over post because that sums it up here at the Wong's. Things are a little crazy and we definitely have our hands full this week - but we rather have full hands then empty ones and we are blessed to have our hearts full too. 

The airport was as dramatic and emotional as you can imagine. It was nice to have my mother, cousin, James' godparents and thir family, and Karen ( remember from way back when readers - the wonderful person who met James and sang to him and held him and loved on him while she was picking up her daughter Hannah?) and her family.  We also met two nice families who were also picking up their children.

Zoey asked a zillion times when her baby brother was coming and was just overjoyed. Anthony and I were excited, nervous, but relatively calm. I didn't reallty start to cry until Karen arrived and I saw her little Hannah on her back. Karen is one of the most amazing people I have ever known and I am certain that God aligned everything so that the two of us could know eachother. He knew  that her faith would help strengthen mine and that I would be a better person just for knowing her. 

James did well coming off the plane and wanted to be down and running around. He was so happy!!! He wanted to be in the stroller that I brought for Zoey and go for a ride. He climbed right into the car got buckled in and headed home - snacking on puffs and juice.

We got home and he continued to be happy for a few hours and then the grief set in. He wanted to know where his Omma was. He cried so hard he was gasping for air. It broke my heart to see the pain he was in. I would have done anything that night to make his Omma appear so he wouldnt be in so much pain. He cried himself to sleep and I tried to sleep beside him but mostly just prayed for his heart to heal.

Yesterday was tough.
He grieved hard on and off.
We played in the yard and he was so happy but then he went searching for his Omma.
He walked around the yard calling and looking and he was so hurt.

Everything Anthony and I did made him angry because all it did was remind him that we weren't Omma.

When bedtime came gaain he grieved hard and this time he must have known that Omma wasn't coming.
Instead he called for Appa (foster father) My poor boy. He doesn't like us to hold him when he grieves it makes him angrier. So instead, we lay next to him and quietly tell him its ok.  He fell asleep after about 40 minutes though and slept all night.

Today was much better.
He drank his milk finally and ate pretty well. He played with us and even gave his first hug - all on his own - to his big sister. He wanted to sit on my lap and came to me on his own for the first time since the grieving started. He even had his first diaper change without crying for his Omma.

We played outside and he loved the sandbox and afterwards we had a bath in the sink. (he wanted nothing to do with a bath yesterday) He played in the water and had fun but we didnt wash his hair. (Omma reported he doesnt like that at home so he surely wouldn't like it here at his new home- we will wait a few days on that!!!)

He then got out of the sink and pee'd on the floor before I changed him, slipped on the pee, fell and cried for Omma - poor baby. I got him dressed which isnt easy when he is so angry and thrashing around because he misses her .... and then for the first time he let me rub his back while he cried for his Omma. He finallyy fell asleep and is napping.

Things are going as I expected. At times even better!! I knew that it would be hard for him to leave Omma because I  know how much they love each other. And I know that in time he will love us as as much as he loved his foster family. Until then we are just taking it one day at a time.









2 comments:

Kasey Attianese said...

Melissa thank you for sharing your journey. I am an emotional mess just thinking about him and you and Omma. Rob and I are saying a special prayer that James heart stops hurting because it's so full of the love that you, Anthony and Zoey provide! Xoxo

Stevens Family said...

So glad your little guy is finally home. The grieving is so, so hard :( Hang in there Mama.

Post a Comment