Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What a week!

It has been a CRAZY week. It wasn't supposed to be. I was prepared - I really was.

I made a vow that I wouldn't let James not being home for Christmas get me down. I channeled all my energy on getting everything done ahead of schedule.

The tree has been decorated, presents bought and wrapped, cards mailed, photo sessions finished, and lots and lots of baking completed.


Lots of baking went on... and not just any kind of baking... some good over achieving baking that you only see from me two times a year. (My kids Birthday and Christmas)

We went big this year- if baby brother can't be home, my golly, big sister is going to have some darn good baked goods.

We turned cake pops into reindeer's and painted light bulb lollipops. We baked things that didn't just consist of reading the side of the box like we do all year long. We were on top of our game.

We didn't stop at baking either.

We did ART too. We made ornaments and trees and  I covered a wall in paper and Zoey and I painted a mural - complete with a tree and snowmen.... and a yellow blob with a long line looking thing that Zoey says is her and her brother sledding. Gotta love my artsy girl - sometimes her imagination is bigger then her skill but if she says that it is a hill and her and her brother sledding then this mama thinks it is the best one she has ever seen.

We didn't stop there.... 

We took drives around the neighborhood and looked at the lights.


We read stories at night about the holidays and about Mary and baby Jesus.

We took lots and lots of photos.

We mailed packages early so they wouldn't be late.

We watched Christmas specials on TV.

We broke out the winter coats and hats and scarfs. ..............

.....................We were totally rockin the holiday season.

We embraced the tradition of the "ELF" all month long. Elvis the Elf hung from fans, drank glasses of milk late at night, he dangled from the mistle toe ,left letters and trinkets all while I wondered if this whole elf thing would come back to bite me in the, you know,  a - double  s.

With each new ELF adventure I had to be sure not to take it too far and scar my already anxiety ridden daughter for life. This parent thing isn't easy.

Zoey became a fan of the elf. Santa not so much - but the elf and her were definitely okay.

But then, everything changed, and Monday came and BAM!!! No matter how ready I was, no matter how much I planned and prepared, no matter how well I was trying to do with James not being home EVERYTHING EXPLODED.... well not everything...

We realized it had been weeks - like 3- since Zoey did number 2...and while she has always had some belly issues - way back to the early NICU days - never had it been like this. She was quickly becoming agitated and irritated. She wasn't sleeping. She was tired and cranky and mad and irritable.

We upped her regular belly meds and nothing. We added in a few other "things" and nothing. She sat on her potty for hours and the poor litlte thing just couldn't go. We took her into the pedi and they sent us for some tests and xrays and prescribed  a new "remedy" and trust me readers.... be happy I am sparing the details. Things are a little better - but the pedi has us going to an emergency GI appointment Friday. Good thing - since we have been on the waiting list at CHOP and the soonest appointment is in March.

We definitely didn't plan for all this during Christmas week - good think we were ahead of schedule.




Because the week is full.
With parties

and pageants
and missing sweet baby James.
Because no matter how busy we tried to be, and no matter how happy we try to stay, and no matter how many number two, or lack thereof, situations we have we are still thinking about him ALL THE TIME. The waiting is hard, but we know, will be so worth it.

10 more days until 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment