Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

More Little Things

           All the little things that December brings is certainly helping the month pass quickly. We have now entered our eighth month of waiting since we saw James' sweet pictures for the very first time. We also have passed the thirteenth month mark since we started the process. Last year we told everyone over the holidays that we had begun the process and we really thought that this year we would have already welcomed our new child home. I am finding comfort knowing that we are getting close and that for sure James will be home next Christmas. Exactly 3 weeks from today we will say goodbye to 2011 and ring in 2012 - and I have never been so excited to roll into a new year.


We are making the most of these last few weeks of 2011.

We are making frequent trips around the neighborhood so my sweet girl can see the lights. She loves to sit back and give everyone the play by play. "Look Red and Green with a Santa" and "Jesus and his mommy Mary" can be heard between the lines of her rendition of "Deck the Halls".

Yes, "Deck the Halls"!!!  We can ALWAYS make out the Fa La La part and even the first line but somewhere after "Tis the season to be jolly" it all goes south and we just hold back the laughter. It is HYSTERICAL!!!!






We started baking.  December is the one month when I actually do bake - alot.  Every other month you might see a batch of cookies or maybe some cupcakes or brownies, but during the holidays we bake and bake and bake some more. 

<----  Today's cookies.

I love to make them and decorate them but they never get eaten. I think they are more like  acraft project :)

and what else have I been up to????

Looking at pictures and video of this sweet litlte boy. -------->

James took part of the Holt September Birthday Dol celebration. He looked so cute in his hanbok and he participated in the dol-jabee, a ritual in which the child is encouraged to pick an item laid in front of him to forecast his future. James picked the gavel - do we have a judge or lawyer in the future?!?


I don't know how I would have survived  on this journey of adoption without a little thing called .... the internet.  Because without the internet I wouldn't have formed all these connections and friendships with wonderful people all over the country.

A fellow adoptive mom who recently traveled to pick up her baby girl brought back a video and photos of several of the babies who were there at the party back in September. She then used the handy dandy internet to distribute it to all the waiting familes. Thanks again Maggie for this awesome gift.

Adoption  has allowed me to form so many wonderful connections all over the country.

 Remember last month we met Nicki and her family in Disney for a few days. Nicki lives in Kansas and also has a September baby waiting to come home. She has almost the exact same timeline and became my waiting buddy and then my total bestie on this journey. I cannot wait to see Nate in her arms.

Then there is Karen and her wonderful family from PA. This family is nothing short of amazing. No matter what they have going on in thier world they handle it with such grace. Knowing Karen just makes you a better person for it. She has strengthened me so many times during this journey and I have no doubt that all five of her daughters will be just as awesome as she is.

How about the connection I got when one of my adoption facebook friends messaged me and said "I think James' foster mother fostered another friend of mines son". She put us in contact and sure enough, right after her little boy came home, James went to live in his new foster home. Our sons both had the pleasure of knowing this sweet woman as Omma. Today, I am thankful for my new friend Denise in California. She has been able to give me a wealth of information and now we will stay in touch and have this connection for our boys as they grow up. Oh, and she sends out pretty awesome holiday cards too. :)

Oh, and what about Tracey who is always so supportive. We always pick each others head about what is going on in the process and when are we going to get these litlte boys home. I have never met her in real life but our boys have met each other and played.  I have priceless photos of her Maddox and my James together. They held onto the same table and ate the same puffs - and that is just pretty stinkin special. Her and her little boy will always be a part of James' story and I think that is AWESOME!

I could write all night and the list would go on and on. So many people have been part of this journey.  From those that live right here in NJ who shared paperwork...... or who I met at PIP classes ....or those that I have just met on the BB ....who live in the same county... so we can have playdates when our babies make it home.....or those friends on facebook... who live all over the country but seem so close because we get to watch each others kids grow through pictures and share eachothers journey via blogs. It is all just amazing.

No doubt that God is with us on this journey. A friend recently wrote that "God is in the Details" and I do agree. Instead of feeling sad that James isn't home yet I keep reminding myself that He is in the details and what wonderful details they have been.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you got the card!!!!! i am very thankful that we were able to connect with your family and James though Karen. Cool thing is because her family makeup is so similar to ours, we made a connection earlier last year(our boys are about the same age too) and she connected the lines between you and me. God is definitely in the details... I was shocked and happy to get Karen's email about your family having a connection to ours. DH was happy too~! Any other questions you have about James' FM, please ask me :)
Denise

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more! James and Maddox will always connect us since they met one another before we ever met them! :) Hang on mama our time is peeking over the horizon!
Tracey

Post a Comment