Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Survey Time

Let's get in the Holiday Spirit blog style. After reading, copy and paste on your blog or answer in the comments section :)

What is your favorite Christmas movie ?




The song makes me cry every single time I hear it and the movie just turns me into a sobbing mess. It is just so touching. Nothing the matter with a good weepy weepy movie over the holidays.









When it comes to decorations, are you a Griswald or a Grinch?

I think I have a good balance - well I used to - BK (before kids). The outside was always classical, you know, white lights and a nativity. Fast forward to AK (after kids) and the front lawn looks a little like a three ring circus. Mary and Baby Jesus are sharing space on the lawn with Charlie Brown and Snoopy with his Snow Cone Machine. Maybe Joseph wants a slushy ?!?! Add in some twinkling snow flake lights and big colored bulbs strung in the trees, some light up snowmen, a projector illuminating snowflakes cascading down the house and you got- well - a hot mess.

I keep telling myself "One day I will miss this". Will I ?  Maybe the look on my daughters face every night at five o'clock when the automatic timer goes on and the lights start flashing and Charlie Brown comes to life. Or maybe when we can't marvel at how cute it is that Zoey knows who Jesus' mommy is and that she knows the 3 Wise Men brought gifts. So, for now I will pretend that I love the hodge podge of Christmas on the front lawn as much as she does :)

What is your favorite Christmas song?

The Christmas Shoes.... oh, and Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer... like a little Addem Sandler Hannukah Song too.

Would you rather be a partridge in a pear tree or a lord-aleaping?Would you rather be a partridge in a pear tree or a lord a-leaping and why?


What the ?!!?  How far can the lord-a-leaping leap?  There is a little boy on the other side of the pond I would love to see.


Does your family send out Christmas cards?

Absolutely! I love Holiday cards!!!! I love designing them, I love sending them out, and I really love getting them in the mail and hanging them in the house. I save them all every year and take them out and look at them the following year.


This years card was hard. We really thought James would be home for Christmas and we would have a card with both of them on it - together- like, in the same picture. Well, we all know how that turned out. So, I decided to do a bright multi color card so that Zoey's pictures and James'  wouldn't need to match. On the back we used 3 photos of James and wrote how he will be coming to his forever home in early 2012. 

When do you start shopping for Christmas presents?

Octoberish  :)

Tree - is it fake or real?

Fake - and I  L.O.V.E. it!! I was never one for a fake tree until AK ( after kids). Three years ago, when Zoey was a year old, I crossed over and will never go back. I love that I can put it up right before we go to New York for Thanksgiving and it will not die. I love that I don't have to worry about the house burning down if I forget to water it and my tree never needs to be swept up after.

Do you believe in Santa?

Absolutely!!! ;)  Your never to old to believe in the magic of Christmas.

What is your Christmas Wish?

Do I really need to be asked?  I wish for EP's in abundance come January. I wish for quick movement and James to make it home quickly in 2012. I wish for my entire family to be under one roof before winter ends. :) and that groundhog better not see his shadow!!

Your turn!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment