Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

No More EP's

Well,  last week the dreaded e-mail update arrived. The EP (golden ticket to bring your baby home to the states) quota for 2011 had been met and if you had not already received a permit you would have to wait until the new year.

I was so happy for all  the friends that I have met along this journey who received an EP but I was still sad for those of us who would have to wait several months longer. I cried hard and had to take a break from the adoption world for a few days while I grieved the dream of having James home for the holidays.

So, we have already waited 5 full months - close to six.

In just 76 days we will celebrate the New Year and never have we ever had a reason to look forward to the start of a new year. In just 76 days the quota will reset and we will be preparing to bring James home. I am thinking this is going to be the most celebrated New Years Eve yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment