Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

8 Month Well Baby Check



Baby James' 8 Month Well Baby Check


Guess who got an email from Holt today???? ME!!!!!


James' went in for his 8 month well baby visit last month and today I recieved the report via email. I am super excited to recieve a report on our little boy, but at the same time it is tough because I am reading about all the milestones that we are missing while we wait.


James is now 8.6 kg or just about 19 lbs.


He is 69 cm or 27 inches.


He is drinking 160cc ( a little over 5 oz) every 3 1/2 hours.


His general apperance is cute :) and fine but this MaMa doesn't need a doctor to tell her that :0)


He can roll over .......


and he creeps or crawls ..... ( we are not sure which)


he sits up alone, well, with his back straight and no support .....


he reaches out for and grasps large objects .... and moves them from hand to hand ......


and he rakes at a raisin.


James prefers his foster mama and I am sure she is a wonderful woman who is taking great care of our little boy. I am sure that she loves him with all of her being and that while I am here longing to have my boy home ... she is halfway around the world wondering how she will ever let him go.


Our sweet baby James is meeting all of his milestones and is right on target for development.


Is it too soon to mention again that this wait is hard and we want him home with us ?!?!?




2 comments:

Ali said...

No, it's not too soon. I can't imagine how hard the wait is for you, but I'm so glad that James is doing well. I am just one of many who are praying he will come home soon. Love to everyone . . .
Ali

Katie said...

Hi there - I noticed your post on the Holt forum site and decided to check out your blog. Looks like we are at the same point in our adoption journeys! Our little girl was born Sept 24 and we accepted her referral 3 weeks ago today - maybe we'll be traveling for our babies about the same time! :) I'll be following your progress and cheering you on. twodigtochina.blogspot.com

Post a Comment