Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday Zoey

A few months ago, I read about a book on a friends blog, and just knew that I had to order it for the kids collection. The book,  If I Could Keep You Little  by Marianne Richmond,  came in the mail this past weekend as we were celebrating Zoey's Birthday with family. 


If I could keep you little, I'd hum you lullabies


But then I'd miss you singing your concert's big surprise. 


If I could keep you little, I'd hold your hand everywhere. 


But then I'd miss you knowing, 

"I can go... you stay there."


If I could Keep you little, 


I'd decide on matching clothes. 


But then I'd miss you choosing 


dots on top and stripes below. 

If I could keep you little, 



I'd cut your bread into shapes. 
 

But then I'd miss you finding "Hey, I like ketchup with my grapes!" 


"If I could keep you little, 

I'd tell you stories every night. 


But then I'd miss you reading the words you've learned by sight. 


If I could keep you little, 


I'd pick a friend or two. 



But then I'd miss you finding



 friends you like who like you, too. 



If I could keep you little, 
I'd push your ducky float. 


But then I'd miss you feeling the wind behind summer's boat. 


If I could keep you little, I'd fly you with my feet. 

But then I'd miss you seeing 


sky and clouds from your seat. 

If I could keep you little, 


I'd keep you 

close to me. 


But then




I'd miss you growing 


 into 


who you're


meant to be!!!! 


Happy 6th Birthday sweet baby girl. You have made our lives so much richer and more beautiful
then you could ever know. Your strong will and determination are inspiring. We are incredibly proud of all that you accomplished this year. Keep reaching for the stars baby girl XOXOXO 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Melissa!

Post a Comment