Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Oh My Word - James

A few weeks ago my mom sent me a picture...

It was of a little boy with the following words

"Remember the day you brought me home and you were
filled with joy? go to that place because I just drew all over the walls
and shaved the dog" 

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Little Boy......BIG SPIRIT!!!

When I was in Korea visiting with James his foster mother used 2 words to describe James.

Smart and Strong.
 Yeah, that about sums it up.

This cute little boy can sure get into things.

No matter how much we child proof he outsmarts us.



James and the hair lotion he fingerprinted the furniture with.
Too bad he does not like to get dirty when we actually do try and finger paint.


James needed a closer view of the TV I guess.
Not only did he climb, you can clearly  see  how he built
"stairs" to get up there.


Here I left a sleeping little boy who was quiet and napping. He used a stool to climb over his gate, somehow opened the door with the child proof gadget that was supposed to keep him out.
He got into the vanity and opened fast drying nail polish.
He then painted his nails, his hand, the floor, and a cup.
He was so quiet that I had no idea... until my daughter, who has an over active sensory system,
came to me complaining that she smelled "permanent marker".

 

Here, I left James and Zoey watching TV on my bed while I put laundry away.
James opened one of those special, designed to keep kids out doorknobs, and proceeded to bring
my makeup bag from the bathroom into the bed - and well, the picture says it all.

Zoey's reply - "I told him it wasn't a good idea mommy"


James and the red Gatorade.

And for every antic we catch on film I assure you we have at least 3 that we don't.

Somehow I missed the climbing on top of the fridge ( with a chair from across the room)
and shoveling the potty rewards into his mouth mishap..
 I missed the sneaking in the pantry and opening the yoo hoo sippy boxes and drinking
not one but two when I was trying to get dinner started.
The emptying out my wallet, hiding daddy's phone in the oven of the play kitchen, taking everyone's keys,
getting into the diaper bag in an effort to find treats, putting play food in gertie the guinea pigs cage...


James cooks fresh spinach. 
While I was cooking he must have taken the greens that I was washing and decided to cook them up himself. 
How funny is it that he chose a colander just like I was using. 
And to think we just broke him of the habit of dumping his sippy cups in the play tea cups. 


Good thing he plays hard and rests hard or I would never keep up. 
Actually, thats when he usually goes on a mission. 
He can be quietly resting for some time and then quietly he executes his missions. lol 

I should have known to be on the watch - with a smile like his how can he not be a little mischievous?. 



 But his mischievousness is balanced out by sweetness..and care...and kindness.


 He has a gentleness about him... he loves to cuddle and give kisses and hugs.
He loves to take care of his baby and carry her "ah boo bah".

So I can overlook that he takes EVERY.Single.Pillow (sometimes cushions too)
and stacks them up in the living room several times a day. I can close my eyes and not see the 652 scratches on my favorite coffee table that I have had since before Zoey was born.. .and the fact that hit had 0 scratches before he came home... and instead remind myself that we both happen to love that table.. he just shows his love with big vehicles and blocks rolling all over his favorite place to play.

Because at the end of the day I wouldn't change a single thing.
This kid has a HUGE personality.
and a little part of it happens to be mischievous.
And one day I am going to look back and miss this.. .this age...the antics
and I will laugh, heck between me and you, sometimes its hard not to laugh right in the moment.

I am blessed beyond measure.


These two are just amazing.


Sick today, :(  but just amazing. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment