Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Happiest Place on Earth

Last year, after learning that James would not be home for Christmas, we decided to take a last minute trip to Disney. We were devestated by the news and could think of a better plan but to try and make the best of it and spend a week away with family and friends. 

We met a fellow waiting adoptive family there who was also crushed by the devestating news.
The adoptive mother Nicki and I joked that this was are constelation prize and we knew that while we were trying so hard to put on a happy front for our families that the happiest place wasn't going to make the wait easier or the emptiness that was in our hearts disapear.

We brought the boys along for their first pictures with Mickey - well kinda!


Happy to say - what a difference a year makes!!!



This year - James was with us!!!!

Sometimes I forget the "ugly" details about waiting to bring James home. I remember the wait but I don't always remember to reflect on the "details"... the small moments that were so hard...and then to rejoice and be thankful because God is in the details and if he brings you to it he will bring you through it.

My friend Kellie quickly reminded me when I posted that we were going to Disney - she messaged that she was so happy because she remembered how crushed I was and knew that last year I dreamed of taking him with me. She reminded me that "I made a wish and it came true". All you need it faith, trust, and pixie dust - right? (or something like that)

What an awesome 10 days in Disney!!!!


We celebrated Nana Babydoll's Birthday.


Got hugs and love from Minnie!!!


My princess became a princess at Bippity Boppits Boutique.



Talk about melt my mama heart. I even shed a tear or two at the magic.



Such an amazing day!!!


My princess ♥


James did lots of eating and snacking.

Pony rides!!!! James loves him some animals. If they are bigger then a rabbit
he calls them Mong Mongs :) Sorry buddy, your riding a pony not a dog.


Love his smile!!!


Sister is feeding brother. She loves to pass anything she doesnt like to James.


My princess meeting her favorite princess.


James and his dirty dirty blanket. Just imagine a lovey blanket after 10 days of Disney.
It went right into the wash within minutes of being home.


James liked to check out the chracters.


Sister, you got this - you can drive the cart!!!! But maybe you should have a key first!

Waiting fo rthe parade.


Ready for a campfire sing along.

James called him Mong Mong :)


This little boy loves animals.


Yeah, the goat is going potty James.


Pretty much lost his mind!!!



Quack Quack - acocrding to James.


It was an amazing first family trip together. ♥
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment